Basal Cell Carcinoma and the Forehead Flap

• Eight Weeks Post Pedicle Removal

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Last month I went to my one month check up post  pedicle removal.  My amazing Plastic Surgeon felt he could relieve more of the thickness on the left side of my nose.  I now will be undergoing a 4th surgery on Friday.  I honestly think I could have lived with it, but really appreciate an honest doctor who will not be satisfied until my nose is perfect!  I will keep you posted!

• Day I Got My Stitches Out

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Day 32

• LAST OF THE STITCHES

FormerMember
    FormerMember

October 27th - Today is the day I have the last of the stitches removed!!!  The wonderful compassionate Nurse, Mo, removed the last of the stitches.  Believe me...she is wonderful.  I Love Dr. Reuben and his Office Staff.  The Receptionist was so helpful, Mo was so compassionate and reassuring, and Dr. Reuben so competent and has a very confident and reassuring "bedside manner."  All in all, with my parttime job…

• Forehead Flap - Pedicle Detachment

FormerMember
    FormerMember

October 17th - After 3 weeks from the day of the Forehead Flap procedure, my Amazing Plastic Surgeon gave me the option of doing the Pedicle Detachment under General Anesthesia at the Hospital, or a Local Anesthesia at his office (one hour procedure).  After my Forehead Flap procedure under General Anesthesia ( 6 total hours at the hospital with prep and recovery)  and experiencing 6 loooong hours of absolute nausea, I…

• Second Week of the Forehead Flap

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Second Week of the Forehead Flap - Feeling a little more comfortable going out.  I covered the pedicle with flesh colored bandaids. 

Oh, I forgot to mention...I got contact lenses right after the Forehead Flap procedure, as I could no longer wear my glasses.