Forehead Flap - Pedicle Detachment

Less than one minute read time.

October 17th - After 3 weeks from the day of the Forehead Flap procedure, my Amazing Plastic Surgeon gave me the option of doing the Pedicle Detachment under General Anesthesia at the Hospital, or a Local Anesthesia at his office (one hour procedure).  After my Forehead Flap procedure under General Anesthesia ( 6 total hours at the hospital with prep and recovery)  and experiencing 6 loooong hours of absolute nausea, I opted for the local anesthesia at his office.  Hmmmm...not sure I would recommend that.  Lying completely still and awake for about an hour, while this procedure was being done, required about as much mental will power as I have ever exhibited.  Still...LOVE my Surgeon and his amazing nurse, Mo, though.  No nausea, and home an hour later. 

Anonymous
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

Oh, u look so good. I had my mohs surgery Oct 30. My appt tomorrow is hopefully to get my flap off but it sounds like it will take a couple more weeks according to your bog. I was hoping to get to wear my glasses tomorrow but it sounds like I need to go get contacts for the time being. I will wait till after tomorrows appt to see. My nose looks the same as yours with the flap. Still just sitting in house because I feel I will scare children with my nose, even covered with bandage. Hoping time goes by faster. Thanks for sharing your story.