Basal Cell Carcinoma and the Forehead Flap

• Dealing With a Forehead Flap

FormerMember
    FormerMember

September 27th - October 17th  OKay...now how do I deal with looking like a "finger is growing out of my nose?"  My Family and Friends were so supportive and were great about not looking at me as if I was deformed.  However, the delivery person from the Florist Shop almost got sick when she delivered flowers to me one day.  I must admit, I spent most of the next 3 weeks house bound.  Sweet Family members took me…

• Forehead Flap

FormerMember
    FormerMember

September 26th - I met with the Plastic Surgeon in the morning, who would do the Forehead Flap, as the MOHS surgery required more reconstruction than the  MOHS surgeon felt comfortable with. The Plastic Surgeon, Dr. Brian Reuben, Intermountain Healthcare in Salt Lake City, was fabulous.  He was very thorough in his description of the procedure, and reassured my apprehension of the process. I was in surgery from about 3…

• MOHS Surgery

FormerMember
    FormerMember

On September 5th, I was diagnosed with Basal Cell Carcinoma.  My Dermatologist recommended I go to a Cosmetic Surgeon for the MOHS surgical procedure.  

September 25th - I had the MOHS surgery which required two layers of tissue extraction.