Day I Got My Stitches Out

Less than one minute read time.

Day 32

Anonymous
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Yankees Mom,

Not sure if my earlier post went as I was on a train at the time.. you look great! Congratulations on making such a great recovery so far.. I pray my surgery goes as well as yours.. your clearly have a great surgeon..

All the best

Mackie

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hello! Thank you so much for sharing your story. I was diagnosed with BCC November 2nd after a punch biopsy on the side of my nose near my eye. I'm 35 and terrified. My dad had BCC on the side of his nose and had a forehead flap. His incision ran the length of his nose down to the side of his mouth. I am finally getting in with a family doctor on Monday. My mole was pearly white and I believe it has been slowly growing for 3 to 4 years. My greatest concern is that I lost nearly 40 pounds in 6 months without trying, after struggling with unsuccessful diets since having children. After researching everything BCC related online, I'm even more afraid. My dad passed away 4 years ago after being diagnosed with liver and bone cancer. After autopsy they stated they could not determine the point of origin, which is odd. My fear is that his BCC metastasized and went unnoticed since that is rare. Thank you for listening! I wish you the best!

Mandy