Beauty Beyond Chemo

• Here we go again!!!

FormerMember
    FormerMember

I first felt the lump in my right breast whilst taking a shower. Apparently a lot of women notice lumps this way as the skin is more slippery and the lump easier to feel. My first reaction was shock. I knew my chances of Breast Cancer were higher due to being treated with Chemotherapy and radiation Therapy for Leukaemia in 2001. It’s strange as I always had a funny feeling I would get Breast Cancer. Particularly as my…

• Treatment Options

FormerMember
    FormerMember

The treatment plan is one big merry-go-round of drugs with scary long names and other drugs to counter the effects of the drugs. Talk about being spaced out- which I certainly have been!!!.

Some people chose not to undergo conventional Breast Cancer treatment of Cut, Poison and Burn instead opting for a more holistic approach more in tune with your body and less aggressive to healthy cells. Good luck in whatever path…

• Emotional Awakening

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Such an array of powerful emotions have collided together to form a roller-coaster of feelings. From the strength of reassessing my life and values to being overwhelmed by the trauma of losing 50% of my hair in one go as it became matted together into a solid piece.

I try to cry whenever I feel I need to as a cathartic measure to heal and pour out the negative. The feeling of crying is an amazing release that I wasn’t…

• If the Cap Fits....

FormerMember
    FormerMember

I'm always surprised at the number of people who don't yet know about the Cold Cap. It seems bizzare to me that a Doctor will tell you that Chemo will cause hair loss but then not to carry on the sentence with advise on the potential to help maintain hair through the use of the cold cap. Weird.

It's upsetting that people have contacted me to ask for advise on the correct fit as they have felt the cold cap fiting…

• Where have all my eyelashes gone....long time passing

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Okay so now it is operation 'Recovery from the Chemo' Beauty SOS!!!

I have lost my eyelashes, eyebrows and 85% of my hair and to top it all off now have blotchy, dry and sensitive skin. Not so Ab Fab. Well, never one to shy away from a challenge I pulled up my big girl beauty boots and went out there to remedy the situation.

Having no eyebrows, its tricky to see where they used to be and difficult not to do the…