Where have all my eyelashes gone....long time passing

1 minute read time.

Okay so now it is operation 'Recovery from the Chemo' Beauty SOS!!!

I have lost my eyelashes, eyebrows and 85% of my hair and to top it all off now have blotchy, dry and sensitive skin. Not so Ab Fab. Well, never one to shy away from a challenge I pulled up my big girl beauty boots and went out there to remedy the situation.

Having no eyebrows, its tricky to see where they used to be and difficult not to do the drag queen look. It is an art you see and not something to be slapped on in 2 seconds. Basically, I bought a stencil but this didn't work as I couldn't get the thing to stick and using one hand to keep it on just got fiddly. So, I took the time and worked out how to fake them from my mums top tips using a pencil as a guide.

Brilliant, but what about no lashes? this was easier to solve with a great pair of falsies. I used the Cheryl Cole ones as they were natural and I didn't want any 'moo cow' effect where the lashes wave hello. I had a tonne of amazing compliments and I felt normal and less alien head than before.

The hair: hmmmm not much I can do about that at this stage 2 months post Chemo. I do have fine baby hairs but that's not really  strong enough to use with hair extensions. My time will come though in a few months when my hair has grown back enough for extension and long hair shall be mine!!!!!

Anonymous