pinkvicki

• a really horrible day

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi, I don't know where i am going with this but i guess i just need to 'type it out'

I have had a really tough day today.

Mum and I met with the lady from the fund-raising fund for the leukaemia  ward that dad was treated on throughout his cancer journey. We raised £1095 for them from donations at dads funeral. It was a fantastic amount and the woman (pauline) was delighted, the money goes straight back into the…

• Another First!

FormerMember
    FormerMember

It is my daughters 5th birthday today and when the family all turn up at 6pm Dad isn't going to be with them. He was the present unpacker, the new toy player and the 'entertainer' and my children's parties.

I will be very aware that he is missing but hopefully Cerys won't be! 
    Lots of love to you all......

• Nearly lost it.

FormerMember
    FormerMember
    Kids have been driving me mad today so i just popped into town with them as we had some pressies to buy!  We were in the card shop and all i heard was the music 'now we are free' from the gladiator film. This is the song we had played at dads funeral at the crem when the curtains came around his casket. It is the first time i have heard it since. My eldest daughter said i just stood there with tears rolling down…
  • When i wake up, it IS real!

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Last night I had a dream that you had really left me Dad, 
    In this dream I begged you to please not ever forget me
    I’ll tell you how it began, so this is how it starts
    You sat on my bed with tears in your eyes and your hand over my heart
    You asked me what I was thinking about, at the same time I asked why you were crying
    You looked at me and said The doctor says I’m dying
    I asked you what you meant and how this…

• A Penny

FormerMember
    FormerMember

I found a penny today and remembered this, it made me smile again, i can picture my dad reciting this once when i found a penny on the path.

(God how i wish i could be that happy little girl again if only for a few moments) 

I found a penny today

just laying on the ground,

but it's not just a penny

this little coin i've found.

Found pennies come from heaven 

that's what my dad told me,

He said the…