pinkvicki

• New Job at hospital: Fantastic week

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Guys Hope you are all doing well,

Well I have finished week 1 and although i haven't had any direct patient  contact yet i have really enjoyed it. I have learnt how to do ob's and SAT's, oxygen, test for  blood glucose, match for transfusions and lots more.

I nearly had a moment yesterday as during a conflict resolution lecture i had to do a role play exercise where my lecturer asked me to go up to the…

• Wow I'm so tired lol.

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Guys Firstly i want to thank everyone for your wonderful messages of support and pm's.

Today went quite well, I has a 4 hour lecture this morning with various speakers from the trust, it was very informative but made my head hurt. 

The Chaplain came in too but i was ok. I was worried about that part but i was fine.

This afternoon i got to visit my ward. I am on renal ward, we have a lot of dialysis patients but…

• Wow I'mm so tired lol.

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Guys Firstly i want to thank everyone for your wonderful messages of support and pm's.

Today went quite well, I has a 4 hour lecture this morning with various speakers from the trust, it was very informative but made my head hurt. 

The Chaplain came in too but i was ok. I was worried about that part but i was fine.

This afternoon i got to visit my ward. I am on renal ward, we have a lot of dialysis patients but…

• I start my new job tomorrow

FormerMember
    FormerMember

So i start my new job at the hospital tomorrow and i have butterflies as big as elephants. 

I have my trust induction and my ward induction monday and tuesday and nursing and midwifery induction wednesday, thursday and friday. Then i'll be doing 38 hours a week on the wards . 

I am excited this is what i want to do, i have had my kids they are all at primary school now, this is my time now!!! I am 31 in 2 weeks, i…

• Wise words

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Don't miss out on the value in this moment by wishing that it had somehow been different. Live it for all that it can be.

Don't let this beautiful day slip uselessly through your fingers while consumed with worry about what tomorrow will bring. Make full use of the time you now have, and that will put you in the best position to face anything that may come.

Whatever your age,  there is something positive and…