nutcracker's blog

• One year after end of Herceptin!!!! - breast cancer group

FormerMember
    FormerMember

First of all, I have'nt been around for a long time, but I have been reading your blogs and am amazed by your strengths - I know, you probably don't feel strong but, I can assure  you, you are!  YOU WILL GET THROUGH this.

My year of Herceptin finished last March 2009.  At first I thought, right lets get life back together - lose weight, get fit, do more, clean house (about time) - be me once again after the last…

• one day at a time.....

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Happy New Year to all.  I am useless at this computer lark but often read about breast cancer ladies in the forum and really feel for you all - I too had breast cancer in left breast with axillary clearance - grade 3 and left breast mastectomy in 2007.  Unfortunately, I couldn't have my FEC as after one treatment had infection and fight for life.  Here I am though 2010 post radio., 1 year Herceptin and, still laughing…

• life after treatment

FormerMember
    FormerMember

am feeling very sorry for myself today - have lymphodema in left arm after bc and ax clearance, no chemo, 1 yr herceptin

I should be feeling on top of world as treatment finished but have had 2 further infections in left arm which is now size of popye.  Feel like Napoleon as cannot get clothes on left arm which is also causing pain from cervical spondylosis in neck which was fused 11 years ago.  Keep wondering whether…

• after cancer treatment

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hello everyone, hope you are all fighting and taking each day as it comes.  I couldn't have FEC in 2007 as, after only one dose nearly died, so had radio. and 1 year on Herceptin.  Had left mastectomy and lymph nodes removed.  Anyway, my question is, does anyone suffer aches and pains as I take up to 8 co-codamol every day, plus tramadol, plus two lots of prozac just to get through the day.  Oh, and as I get terrible…

• lymphodema

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Have been suffering lymphodema since breast ca. treatment ended in Mar.09 - Herceptin.  Anyway, just recently have been getting pain in shoulder, chest and back and my left arm is swelling even more.  I have been advised to stop using my arm sleeve as it was acting like a torniquet and making the selling worse on my left shoulder.  Does anyone else have this problem, if so what or how do you deal with it.  My cancer was grade…