Non Hodgkin Lymphoma - One Careful Owner

• Another Day

FormerMember
    FormerMember

So aside from being 50 shades of crazy last night I think it's all good. I can't get that image out of my head, what a fruit loop but I suppose you can't be good at everything. 

I have no idea if HP could tell I'd lost my face to the dark side for several hours while he was out, if he did he did me the kindness of not mentioning it. Bless him, he's the sort of person that doesn't believe in feelings. The idea…

• I feel crazy

FormerMember
    FormerMember

I'm sure it was only a few hours ago I was saying everything was splendid and now you'd think I was an entirely different person. I don't know what's wrong with me. As soon as I stop and I'm left alone, if I let my mind wander for more than 30 seconds I seem to descend into maddening panic. I had gone to bed because I was sick of myself then my friend called me. She's depressed. It's something she battles with and I tried…

• Marshmallow Mountains of Lymphoma

FormerMember
    FormerMember

I've had a really wonderful few days. The thought of dragging my sorry germy self out to see people 3 days in a row, on about 4 hours of sleep seemed like a bit of a tall order but actually I've had a fab time.

We went to meet one of our grown up friends (said only because they're married with a baby, not because they behave like adults) at their house. Off we went to a Thai restaurant about 15 minutes from their…

• The Elephant in the Room

FormerMember
    FormerMember

I finally made it to see my friend yesterday (having entirely forgotten to turn up on Tuesday). I had a brilliant time but was correct in my prediction regarding the diagnosis. She turned up at the wrong house to meet me (I rescued her from jarma lady, named for her inability to wear outdoor clothes or any kind of bosom support) on her way home and off we went to her house. Lots of smiles and normal chatter about elbows…

• Don't let the faux sympathisers get you down

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Today, just now in fact, I had my first head on taste of having someone know I had cancer when I had no intention of it ever being any of their business. I've had various brushes with the subject what with my mother just stopping short of renting a billboard in every town in the country I have relatives in, but so far the result of this has mainly been second hand information that whoever it is, is thinking about me because…