Non Hodgkin Lymphoma - One Careful Owner

• Cancer Brain - Gone but not Forgotten

FormerMember
    FormerMember
    Yesterday I had rather lovely reminder of the effect cancer treatment had on me several months ago. Simply forgetting to go and see Derren Brown (a Christmas present to Hairy) when I was in the grips of the fear I was a goner obviously made me determined to give myself the best possible shot of attending future shows because I opened my post yesterday night to discover that I hadn't purchased tickets to see Dave Gorman…
  • Gnawing my brain

FormerMember
    FormerMember
    I think perhaps it was inevitable that I would eventually be knocked into an uneasy fear about cancer but I've been so bloody positive I thought I was beyond it. Apparently not. Yesterday evening was most notable for the ugly consuming tears that interrupted my cheerful face for much longer than my head thought was tolerable; my head is still banging in protest. I saw Hairy smoking at work and when questioned he lied…
  • Six Months In

FormerMember
    FormerMember

I've been rather quiet lately, mainly because I've managed to get pulled in a million different directions with work, family and the such; people I think we are gaining some routine!

Anyway, we're now a couple of days shy of 6 months of the knowledge that my body is a factory of cell mayhem and it all seems rather far away now despite still being a part of me now. Very odd!

I turned 27 nearly 2 weeks ago…

• A Household of Incurable Diseases

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Things seem calmer in camp ginger on the relationship front. Since I promised to try not to be so snappy and he promised to stop making 'jokes' about me being tired and useless everything seems better. Obviously talking is the key to this grown up lark.

Loki (the kitten) went back to the vets today. He's had a bit of a rubbish start to his short life, bless him. He had an eye infection and a cold, then he had…

• Wobbly Eyes and Wedding Plans

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Things are and aren't normal over in camp ginger. Conflicting information much?

I had my mum up to stay with us over the weekend and she was a complete love. I can only assume that having seen that I'm not likely to drop down any time soon has reassured her enough to be a smiley mothership, rather than an anxious 'freeze your eggs' talking one instead.

I was exhausted from my first week at work but with…