My mum has extensive sclc

• Thursday November 11th - Lost my wonderful wee mum 4 weeks ago today.

FormerMember
    FormerMember

It's four weeks today since I lost my wonderful wee mum.  I know everyone says it but I'm going to say it anyway; she was the best wee mum anyone could ever wish for.

She was kind, considerate, selfless, extremely sociable and my rock.  If mum hadn't moved down to live with me in 1990 I would never have known any of my neighbours.  Mum had been used to being a good neighbour at home and continued this down in…

• Monday November 8th - OH appointment November 16th!

FormerMember
    FormerMember

When I woke up this morning I was crying, this has happened a few times and is very unsettling.  Today my mum would have been 75, bless her, she was looking forward to getting a free TV licence!  Last year on her birthday we had just found out 3 days before that she had terminal lung cancer and it seemed unlikely she would reach her next birthday.  Then she had her chemo and went into remission and reaching 75 seemed very likely…

• Sunday November 7th - A wobbly day.

FormerMember
    FormerMember

It's been another wobbly day.  Nothing seems to have sparked it off.  I woke up this morning and started crying almost immediately.  I find I'm seeing mum a lot in my head, a bit like a dream but I'm not dreaming.  Most of the time I think I'm just going over the final days and hours in my head but I'm not just thinking about it I'm seeing it. 

When I came downstairs this morning I realised my eyes…

• Saturday November 6th - Find blogging helps

FormerMember
    FormerMember

BEFORE YOU START READING I JUST WANT TO POINT OUT THAT I AM BLOGGING A LOT AT THE MOMENT BECAUSE I FIND IT HELPS ME TO SORT THINGS OUT THAT ARE RUNNING AROUND MY HEAD. SO DON'T FEEL OBLIGED TO READ THEM. WHEN I READ THEM BACK THEY ARE OFTEN LONG WINDED RANTS.

I had a terrible night last night.  I had been crying on and off all day but when I went to bed my sobbing became uncontrollable.  I was so loud I was worried Paul…

• Thursday November 4th - 3 weeks today and it's getting harder!

FormerMember
    FormerMember

It's 3 weeks today since my wee mum passed away and I am feeling worse every day.  In some ways it seems like it was yesterday when I was looking after her, lifting her in and out of bed, feeding her her favourite apple muller rice and laughing with her about her wanting a BIG glass of milk while sitting on the commode, bless her.  At other times it seems like a life time away.  What I'd give to hear her ask for a BIG…