My mum has extensive sclc

• Tuesday December 21st - What can I say about my boss?

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Anyone who has kept up to date with my blogs will know I have given my boss a hard time in terms of how she has dealt with my absence from work since mum passed away.  You will also know that we met up on December 10th and she couldn't have been more supportive, struggling with wanting to let me grieve in my own way whilst doing her job as Head of the school. 

I've been doing a lot of crying over the past couple of…

• Monday December 20th - Special friends!

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Today I received a Christmas card from my friend Nuala.  Some of us have shared our difficulties surrounding Christmas cards this year.  Some of us have struggled in the card shops, others have decided not to send any cards this year at all but cards, when chosen carefully, can mean so much and I wanted to share with you the words from the Christmas card Nuala chose for me.

You probably feel this Christmas is a place you…

• Wednesday December 15th - Feel empty

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Over the past weeks I have gone from being very business like to feeling unbearable pain but for the past two days I have felt empty.  It's like I can't feel, does that make sense?  It's almost like an out of body experience, I'm standing on the outside looking in.

I have tried to motivate myself to do something, anything, but I just can't be bothered!  I have no concentration, feel flat and I don't care…

• Friday December 10th - The welfare meeting

FormerMember
    FormerMember

I had very little sleep again last night, the welfare meeting hanging heavy over my head.  I cried on and off all morning and at 11.30am was tempted to just not turn up.  At 11.45am I bit the bullet and got myself into the car.  I arrived at school at 12pm exactly and made a dash through the door and upstairs to Colettes office.  My heart pounding and my stomach churning I knocked on the door and went in before I was asked…

• Thursday December 9th - My faith in humanity restored!

FormerMember
    FormerMember

It's 8 weeks today since my mum passed away and I feel more raw now than when I lost her.  Issues around my return to work have made things a lot more difficult and many of you will know that I have given my boss bad press.  I have always said that I thought her actions were well intentioned but unfortunately her timing and unwillingness to answer my questions have left me feeling extremely anxious.

The latest concern…