My mum has extensive sclc

• Tuesday December 7th - What now?

FormerMember
    FormerMember

I APOLOGISE NOW FOR THIS POST BEING SO NEGATIVE.  I'M IN TURMOIL AND FIND IT HELPS TO WRITE THINGS DOWN. PLEASE DON'T FEEL YOU NEED TO READ, OR RESPOND, TO IT.  I'M REALLY JUST HAVING A CONVERSATION WITH MYSELF!!!

Yesterday I met Violet, my bereavement counsellor, courtesy of work and Occupational Health.  I should be grateful as I know it can be difficult for people to access bereavement counselling when they…

• Friday December 3rd - A Caring Message

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Today I received a card from a friend at work.  Inside there was a little credit card sized card with a poem on it.  I think it's lovely and thought I would share it with you.

A Caring Message

When our minds are troubled, and life is hard to bear.  It helps us to remember, that people really care.

And if those troubles multiply, and things don't go our way.  We need a little comfort, to help us through the day…

• Thursday December 2nd - 7 weeks since mum passed away.

FormerMember
    FormerMember

It's 7 weeks since my mum passed away and it is getting harder every day to cope with her not being here with me.  I love her so much it hurts and I have spent most of today sobbing.  At the moment I just can't see myself ever getting over this.

As many of you will know my absence from work has caused added distress as my boss referred me to OH within 24 hours of finding out I had a sicknote.  That was 4 weeks ago…

• Sunday November 28th - What I need is a big hug from my mum!

FormerMember
    FormerMember

The week started with my boss replying to my email that I sent the previous Thursday.  Well actually that's not strictly true.  She did email me but didn't answer the questions I had asked her.

I asked her to firm up a date for the welfare meeting, if there was a time limit on the counselling offer and if I could have a copy of the sickness absence policy.  Here's the reply I received.

Welfare meetings are…

• Sunday November 21st - There is a little angel

FormerMember
    FormerMember

My friend Suz sent me a text this morning and I thought I would share it.

There is a little angel, she's way up in the sky.  I told her to watch over you, she replied 'ok but why?'  I told her you're my bessie mate and you mean so much to me.  She said she'd take good care of you and how your life should be.  So when you feel the warmth at night, it's to let you know she's there.   She's right beside…