December 29th 2009 - We've had a lovely day!

Less than one minute read time.

After breakfast this morning we set off to Boundary Mill to do some serious shopping!  Mum was in good spirits and didn't want to use the wheelchair.  Just as well as the store wa absolutely heaving an it was difficult enough walking around, a wheelchair would have made it impossible. 

We were looking for a new continental quilt for my mums bed and she got one at less than half price so she was very happy.  She's also been looking for a new jacket for some time and spotted one on the way in so she also got that at a very good price.  She loves a bargain!

We had our lunch there and then headed back home about two o'clock, having had a really nice, normal, day out.  Mum was not overly tired and even cooked us sirloin steak, onion rings and chips for tea, her favourite!  First time she's cooked for some time.  Her back was a bit sore afterwards but 2.5ml of oramorph sorted it out.  We are now chilling out in front of the telly.

Lovely day! 

Anonymous
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

hi caroline, great to hear you and your mum had a lovely day, and got some great bargains too!!!, a woman after our own hearts.  Great your mum felt like cooking, it will have been a lovely treat for you.  Take care both, keep warm, luv Lynda and Jessie xx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Caroline.

Sounds like my kind of day. I like a good bargain too. Oh, and steak and chips.

Glad your Mum felt well enough to manage it all.

Love Alison.xx