January 1st 2010 - A quiet day!

Less than one minute read time.

We brought in the New Year with our adopted family Gillian and Paul, their two kids youngest Kieran (almost 17) and Charlotte (14) and their youngest grandchild Freya (4 going on 44!), my youngest godchild.

We all wished each other a happy 2010 and I'm pleased to say there were no tears just lots of smiles.  Freya danced to all the music on the telly an was full of beans when they went back home (next door) just after 1am.  Mum and I had another drink and then went to bed about 2am.

The late night took its toll on mum and she slept until after 11am this morning and then went back for a sleep about 2pm and slept until 5pm.  She was still tired tonight and has just gone back to bed now for the night.

Although mum has been really tired today she had a lovely day and evening yesterday thanks to Doctor Mehta and today has enjoyed a quieter day, as have I.  I think the past few days she hadn't slept well because she was worrying about her hospital appointment so now that she's had a boost she has relaxed and is able to sleep well once more.  

Anonymous
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

Happy New Year to you and your Mum, Caroline.

I'm glad you both had a lovely Hogmanay with your friends.No wonder she was tired yesterday, she'd practically done a night shift!!

Love to you both

Alison.x