My mum has extensive sclc

• Tuesday September 14th - We got through with no mishaps!

FormerMember
    FormerMember

After dealing with mums commode and reminding her to keep her phone in her pocket, not to drop off of the step at the bottom of the stairs, not to go into the bathroom, to txt me when she had got up and had had her breakfast etc. etc.  I set off for work.  On arriving at work I felt sick at the thought that something might happen to mum whilst I was out.  I went to see Colette, my boss, and promptly burst into tears when…

• Monday September 13th - Couldn't leave mum and go to work!

FormerMember
    FormerMember

At 5am this morning I caught my mum going into the bathroom.  She did make it in but I had to help her out.  It seems she accepted the commode but only for a wee!  So when it came time to get up and go to work I just found I couldn't leave her.

I will make the best of the day by letting her do everything for herself as she would have to when I'm at work.  I will also ring Christine and ask her to pay mum a visit…

• Sunday September 2010 - My peace was short lived!

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Mum got up to the bathroom twice during the night.  I went to sleep about 1 and at 2 heard her getting up.  I watched her going in, she struggled but made it.  As she came back out she stumbled a bit but was ok.  At 4am she visited the bathroom again.  This time I had to jump up and go and help her as she was holding the rails but just couldn't push up enought to get in.  At 8.30 I heard her get up and watched her go into…

• Saturday September 11th - Quite a peaceful day!

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Do you ever get one of those days when you feel a sort of sense of peace?  I used to get them quite often but can't think when I last felt like that and yet today, for some unknown reason, that's how I've felt.

Mum and I had a lazy morning until my Godson Thomas arrived at around 10.  Thomas is such a lovely boy and really enjoys having a good chin wag with mum.  He sat down and proceeded to tell her all about…

• September 9th 2010 - 3 better days then legs like jelly!

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Mums legs have been fairly steady since the wobbly weekend.  On Monday she was a lot better and was good Tuesday and Wednesday.  Don't get me wrong her legs weren't at full strength but she wasn't feeling what she calls 'doddery'!  Yesterday we had the physio and OT out and they have arranged a variety of rails, walker, stool, step etc. but they did not see her at her worst. 

As mum's been ok over the…