Me and Rhabdomyosarcoma

• 3 days to go 'til chemo!!

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Bed is booked, bag is packed, car is booked. bill's all paid, laundry's all done, house is hoovered, fish been fed, freezer's full. Just 3 more days to go. I'm anxious now. Hurry up tuesday! Fed up waiting now I can't keep still!

• Mummy and her Special medicine

FormerMember
    FormerMember
    I said I would post the little leaflet i wrote for my little ones to read so here it is....
    Mummy and her Special Medicine J
    Mummy had a little lump in her leg. The lump had something bad in it called Sarcoma, which can make you feel very ill K. So Mummy went to the hospital to have an operation to take the bad lump out of her leg. It didn’t hurt her as the doctor did it while she was asleep.
    Now mummy’s leg…
  • All I fancy is dirty food...

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Ho diddly-hum. me again. Right. Why does it feel like I'm about to get married? Honestly, with 6 days left to go it feels like this is my last week of freedon, my last chance to get up to no good!! I feel I want to cram a billion things into the next few days, fun things, but the thing is I haven't got the energy, got bugger all money, and everyone else is at work...hmmmmph! Cant even have a sodding bath cos the…

• My Little Bloggy-Wog

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Went to meet my team at RMH Fulham Rd last thursday and to get the lowdown. Good news is that all the results from my recent scans and tests came back clear, it hasn't spread. Phew! Bad news is that if i dont have the chemo there's a 90% it'll come back and if it does, the nasty little bugger will be incurable. It's a green light in my mind. It's all go as soon as a bed is ready, probably first week in April, which is…

• I never thought it would come to this :o(

FormerMember
    FormerMember

I have Spindle Cell Rhabdomyosarcoma. It's rarer than I thought. I haven't met one person my age with it. To date I've had a surgical biopsy, followed by a wide local excision, PET, MUGA and CT scan, EDTA test and bone marrow biopsy all in the space of 7 weeks and all at the fantastic RMH Sutton. I wish I could have chemo at Sutton as I've made good friends there but I'm not allowed. Now everything lies in…