Me and Rhabdomyosarcoma

• Rhab C Nesbitt...part 4

FormerMember
    FormerMember

oh my christ. What a crap week. Oh dear. I'm losing the plot. Thankfully my salvation has come in the form of Zopiclone sleeping tabs. I slept for an amazing 7 or 8 hours last night. So, why do I still feel tired? Well what an emotional week it has been for me of late....Last thursday I felt like I'd won the lottery but lost my lottery ticket forever, honestly, that's how cut up i felt, only magnified x trillion billion…

• Rhabdo(whateverthecrapitis) part three

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Well, today's review at the Royal Marsden Fulham Road was a shock! Once again I thought I'd be told that the recent surgery I've just had would be enough to cure me. No, life is that not kind. I have been told that this nasty agressive cancer needs an equally agressive form of treatment so it's straight to chemotherapy for me. A CT and PET scan, plus bone marrow biopsy will decide what type. Ho hum. Will lose all my hair…

• Rhab Part two..

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Just got back from my second operation from the Royal Marsden, Sutton. Had a wide local excision. Stayed for 4 nights as drain wasnt really filling properly. Staff were fab as usual. very kind, caring and patient. Was a very busy week for them. I'm sure it's like that every week! The rest there did me the world of good. I hadn't been sleeping properly since my last op 4 weeks ago. At home I couldn't really focus on anything…

• Rhabdomyosarcoma

FormerMember
    FormerMember

I apologise in advance for my rambling on but I've never written a blog in my life. Hope this one is of some use to someone...

Well here I am sat sitting at my pc wondering about nothing and everything. What do you do when you've been told that the benign tumour, which was removed from your thigh only 19 days ago, is in fact a nasty and very rare type of soft-tissue sarcoma? how are you meant to feel and what are…