Loony Rambles

• Absenteeism. Or, why some days it's harder than others. And a funeral. Which explains a lot.

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hello my lovelies. Bit introspective today, so just scroll to next person if you don't want to read my blatherings :)

It's hard sometimes to read of so much shit caused by cancer.

Some days being here is amazingly helpful, occasionally I just can't read any more about pissflapping cancer! I am sorry if that upsets anyone. It may be the reason I am not commenting every day. I do read through the posts you write…

• Farmer Cariad's Bumper Harvest, or When My Luck Was In

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi gang

How are we all doing? I have been asleep or preoccupied and so have missed out on all new recently so I am very sorry if I have missed anything important?! :-/

As most of you now know, yesterday's stem cell harvest, day #1 of a possible 3, turned out VERY well and I did NOT need to go back :)))

They told me that they needed a stem cell level of a minimum of 0.8 to proceed (I was not made aware of this…

• Countdown to harvesting... do stop giggling LM! ;-)

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Been a bit absent last few days as had visitors Fri and Sat and Sun! Saturday was great as it was my friend that I lost touch with 9 years ago! We couldn't stop hugging and our kids - who were also really close back then - only took 5 mins to get over the awkwardness and we all had SUCH a lovely day!! :))) Plus of course (point of interest for Hilary) - Eils made one of her scrumptious chocolate cakes with choc icing…

• Consultant Chats

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hello my lovelies

Hope everyone is doing ok. I know Cruton is awaiting results and Hils is in limbo so extra hugs for them, and LM had to put up with Nobhead and Mrs Positive ''only negative people get ill'' bollox so she gets BIG cwtchs too fo  not killing anyone, again!

So I went to the hospital Wednesday for bloods and to see Dr P-J (no she isn't a pair of pyjamas).

Whilst I was there I saw a…

• Goodbye IGEV...?

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Sunday morning; been home since about 1pm Saturday, hoorah to escape the hospital!
    I DO love my bed!!

Actually, I nearly didn't get a bed!
    Went in Monday morning with my bag, ready to have R in Windsor suite and then get admitted to ward upstairs as before. As the R was finished and they began to talk of getting paperwork done, the ward informed us that there was no bed now, and to try again tomorrow. Well, it HAD to…