leisha

• Oct 13th

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Where do I start? Last wednesday Ed went for his 2nd dose of herceptin but no tablets to take due to how poorly they made him. Thursday and friday Ed was able to eat very small portion of mash, brocolli and thin half slice of corned bef with gravy which was the first `meal` in about a month. Bowel working and friday pm went in the car a mile to the prom to see the sea. Pain patches not been upped for almost 2 weeks. Were…

• Oct 4th

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Everyday is a roller coaster now. Sunday ed didnt know what to do with himself, bed, chair, bed , chair. We had little chats about funeral and stuff, tears and cuddles but i thought at least he is coming to terms a bit with the situation. Today he fired up and made it to hospital app. He continues with chemo on Wednesday! I dont know if Im coming or going. At least I took the chemo tablets back to show he hadnt taken…

• Sept 30th

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Thanks to your good wishes, positive support and respect for our situation we have got through a terrible week. Ed has stopped taking the Capecitabine tablets and, thought still poorly is more with it and even managed a few minutes in the garden this morning. i have said this is better than being so wretched on the tablets so we shall see what the oncologist says on monday, as long as Ed stays well enough to get there…

• Sept 23rd

FormerMember
    FormerMember

This roller coaster is a 24/ 7 ride, Like the weather - sunshine, showers and outright thunderstorms all in one day! Last Sunday I thought it couldnt get any worse. Ed just clung to my hand and it was all I could do to go to the loo. He was cold, then hot, shaking, light headed and confused - very frightened. We spent most of the day in bed and I held him, reliving so much of our life in my mind during those hours, but…

• Update Sept 14th

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Ist cycle of chemo begun!

After a terrible weekend i got GP out on monday who upped Eds pain patches again and I asked if chemo was going to be worth the trauma of going  for it. He said without chemo Ed has only weeks left and it is up to Ed and the chemo unit to make that decision. Got there Tues with the help of a son and instead of chemo they gave Ed 2 units of blood. He was exhausted and hated the noise of the unit…