Juleshoneybunny

• Next Stop

FormerMember
    FormerMember

So I have moved on a little further had the biopsy yesterday and today am feeling a little sore, tired and generally melancholy.  I dont know why, i want to put it down to the anasthetic but that would be too easy. Now the wait until 9th June to see if there is any cancer in them, once again in suspended anmiation.

I suppose the big one draws nearer, my letter came today with an admission date of 22 June. Thats it then…

• So the journey begins...............

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Well here I go am boarding the cancer train for real tomorrow, so far its been a series of outpatient appointments and discussions  and more appointments and more discussions. Tomorrow i get a sentinel node biospy in preparation for the big one on 23rd June. Today was the radioactive dye injection and yet more images.  Apparantly i should go a subtle shade of blue by tomorrow (not quite smurf like but close) if only I had…

• A chink of light

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Well after my ridiculous trauma with the MRi i think i may a little stable now (mentally I mean). I have seen the consultant the oncologist and today the plastics man.

My experience with the oncologist was good,he was human yes human and get this he had a sense of humor, he made the discusson so much more easy, and i felt i was able to ask as many questions as i wanted to.

Well it turns out that this dark evil visitor…

• Choose a Boob

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Saw my consultant today, he went over everything again from when i first saw him. I decided he had forgotten who i was and didnt remember any of our previous consultation.  The bit  i really wanted to know i had to remind him about.............................. did the MRI show any cancer in my lymph nodes?

O yes he said i  almost forgot that, it was negative, i breathed a sigh of relief although the tumors are much bigger…

• Let it be Friday

FormerMember
    FormerMember

The MRI was a daunting experience,or was i just being a pathetic wimp.......... I was frightened, anxious, nervous and get this i cried afterwards.  (get a grip woman) Not even my hot chocolate in the hospital cafe could console me.

The sounds of that machine will stay with me forever, and as soon as i went into it i started losing my breath, i tried to keep counting slowly and breathing properly. No way was i going to…