Jozzy's blog

• A year already!

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Seems ages since I last did a blog ... can't quite believe it's been a whole year since I was first told that I was in remission.

I did the 5k race for life at Pontefract at the weekend, just at a walk because I still struggle with my breathing a bit.  My trouble is that I am too competitive and just couldn't help pushing myself ... got  to the end in just under an hour ... breathless and tired but grinning…

• Stressed out again!

FormerMember
    FormerMember

You would think that after bashing cancer into remission dealing with work issues would be a piece of cake!  My head is all over the place at the minute so not sure if I'm making mountains out of molehills ... am good at that lol!  Theres been a lot going on at the minute and am feeling a bit fragile, so embarrassed at work yesterday cos kept bursting into tears and then ending up apologising profusely to the poor girl…

• My beautiful Grandma has gone :'(

FormerMember
    FormerMember

My lovely Grandma passed away at 2.30 this morning, when I woke to the sound of the phone ringing I knew what would be said when I picked it up.  Am heartbroken that she's gone but comforted by the fact that she's finally at peace and will suffer no more pain.  Will miss her so much but cling to the many wonderful memories I have and no-one can take those away.

• Fading away before my eyes :-(

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Have spent most of today at grandmas, she's been asleep for most of the day, waking moments have been brief but difficult for her.  She is one determined lady, fading away and unable to stand but when she does wake she pushes with every ounce of strength in a bid to get up.  She does OK during the day time but struggles at night and is so so scared.

Her pain has been getting worse though, with her sitting doubled over…

• Never know what I'll find ...

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Have been visiting grandma every day for the past two weeks, her condition is getting worse but I never quite know what I'll find when I go to see her.  Last weekend and she could barely function and was calling out for her mum, I was so scared for her, but then on Monday she was up, looking bright and went out for a ride in the car with my grandad.  Things have been quite changeable since then, somedays are good, others…