Hannah Berry

• I hate this.

FormerMember
    FormerMember

I'm angry tonight.  I'm angry with everyone that talks to me.  I'm angry with me. My body. My tumour. My life.  I hate my illness and I hate that it's upset me today.

I just want it out of me without going through the scans and the op.  I want to sit with my arse hurting.  I want to go a day without needing 18hrs sleep.  I want to be able to walk.  I want to be able to go somewhere without my mouth drying up…

• Weekend

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Well, it's Saturday.  Daytime TV is different today.  It's more human, but also assumes you are able to leave the house, so it gets quite dull.  I'm watching Sex and the City on DVD to me up. 

I'm looking forward to today.  My sister is coming back from Leeds for the weekend, with her puppy (a sausage dog).  I'm so looking forward to meeting him and seeing her.

I'm feeling pretty fragile at the moment…

• Day 1 of no IV antibiotics or radiotherapy.

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Well, I woke up this morning when I felt ready.  I didn't have a cannular in, and I didn't have to sit and wait for my antibiotics to go through me over an hour.  I was able to take it by mouth instead.

I've had breakfast, and watched tv.  I've got dressed and put some make up on.  Shortly I'll walk down to the chemist.  I've not walked very much lately and haven't been outside since Sunday.  I…

• My Ramblings

FormerMember
    FormerMember

My Employer has been amazing.  They've visited me in hospital.  They've sent me cards filled with messages from people.  They bought me a kindle, my fave perfume and make up for when I'm ready to get dressed up again.  They've even paid for transport when I've not been able to get to treatment. And to top it all off, some are cycling to Paris to raise money for cancer charities. Some individuals are doing their…

• 7 weeks after chemo and radiotherapy started

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Well, here I am.  A stone and a half lighter and my hair comes out when I touch it.

So, what happened?  Well, I started chemo and radiotherapy, but felt sick from the start.  No one thought much of that until two weeks later when I had chronic diarrhoea which started after a relaxing reiki massage.  For a minute I thought the massage had taken too much of a toll on me.

I was admitted to hospital on 18 February after bloods…