Hannah Berry

• The day before chemo and radiotherapy starts.

FormerMember
    FormerMember

So tomorrow I start radiotherapy and chemotherapy, and it will be 25 sessions.  Monday to Friday, with weekends off.  Finally it's here.  I'm excited and nervous.  At times terrified.  This better work.

My Doctor has finally given me pain relief that works, but it was a battle.  They were very reluctant to give me morphine, but finally I have it, and for the last week I have been pain free.

Yesterday I had my hair…

• For the love of wee

FormerMember
    FormerMember

I just can't stop weeing!  I've never noticed before my wee behaviour, but since last night I can't help but announce it to whoever I'm with.  It's my main activity.

Mum thinks it's because I might be starting to lose weight.  I think it may be pressure on the bladder.  Who knows!  I'll mention it to the Doc.

Today I'm at home, sort of recovering from a hardcore 5 days.  I'm catching up on…

• Day 4

FormerMember
    FormerMember

It's been four days since I was diagnosed with bowel cancer.

I thought I'd be more upset.  I thought I'd be crying constantly.  I thought my world would cave in.  But I'm at work, I'm dressed, I've got my make up on and I'm thinking about what to have for lunch.  It's not even 10am yet.  Hunger has officially entered the building.

My biggest concerns today are:

• What to have for lunch -…