greybadger's blog

• making the most of my time

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi,

Here I am sitting on my daughters computer, after I have done my 'grandma' bit, and taken the girls to school.  My daughter is doing teaching practice, and has had to find child care to cope with the extra time it takes to be a 'teacher' rather than a TA, and each time she needed help over the last two years I have been having treatment, so this time I'm pulling my weight.  How do you fill your…

• chemo hands and feet

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Well folks we are nearly home now.  Done the Italian bit, Pisa, Florence, Siena etc and managed to walk round all of them, but these chemo hands and feet do make life so difficult.  Anybody got any ideas for controlling the sensitivity.  It's all very well the doctor saying it will get worse before it gest better, but that doesn't help when you can't wear shoes, and don't know whether your feet are hot or cold!…

• off we go again -despite the bugs

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Well, I'm back home to do the washing and ironing, reapcking ready for going through the Channel tunnel tomorrow.  We've had a week away, despite the chest infection, even if I did spend 3 days sitting in the motorhome out of the wind!  It was lovely seeing all the MHF friends, including Locovan, who was the life and soul of the gathering as usual!  we went on from the rally to the Great Dorset Steam fair.  I must admit…

• colds - here we go again

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Why oh why can't I just have a normal cold and get over it in a few days like other people.  Here I am, now in remission with a chance to get out and about again, but now I've had a cold for 10days.  The last twice I've been like this I've ended up with penumonia -  I'm supposed to be going away next week touring in Europe for 5 weeks.  I've got no voice and feel so grotty I will be at the doctors tomorrow…

• phew............ book the holiday

FormerMember
    FormerMember

I'm very relieved to say that my worries and concerns have now been dispelled by the news that my oncologist is very pleased with my blood tests results, and doesn't want to see me for another 3 months.  I just can't believe it.  I thought it was afluked last time round, and expected it to be back on chemo again today. The way I have been feeling I feared the worst, but when I said about my problems he just…