greybadger's blog

• target ovarian well being day

FormerMember
    FormerMember

I've had a lovely day today, (after the hiccups with the trains) at a hotel in London at the TargetOvarian Well Being Day.  It is wonderful that some many people are now trying to do things to bring this disease to peoples knowledge.  A  meeting of people with the same illness, and hints and tips of making the most of yourself.  Just what we need so you don't feel so isolated.  My friend that came with me was very impressed…

• we all know our own bodies don't we?

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi everyone,

The roundabout starts again..... much as the doc didn't want to believe me (no CA 125 results when I saw him him in the morning) IT is back again, with a count of 785!  I knew it was, but didn't really want to believe it. The doc told me to phone the cancer nurse to pick up the results, but I saw her on the way out, so she said she would phone me when she had them.  He booked me for a 6 monthly scan…

• I'm back again

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi,

As everyone has told me, I'm definatley been making the most of my remission, and have just come back from 4 days in sunny Spain with my sister - just in time for my blood test tomorrow and consultant on Monday!

Going away takes your  mind off what may be happening to your body, but I still had my  moments, and being with my caring sister, every time I went out, or sighed she was asking me if I was ok......I will…

• A sunny Saturday

FormerMember
    FormerMember

After having a few days away in the motorhome with windy and drizzle weather, we came home yesterday, and today we actually have a fine sunny day when I've managed to do washing (and dry it), and have 2 hours gardeing while my husband has rubbed down and stained the window frames.  A day of achievement as these jobs have been pressing for months!  I have also arranged coffee with friends Friday, agreed to go to Spain…

• back in the old routine, but for how long?

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Well, here I am back at home after my weeks away.  Holiday all but forgotten about after a week with my daughter, doing the school runs for her girls while she is on teaching practice.

It's lovely having time at home, but then the brain starts again - what is that ache in my lower tummy, what about the pain in my side... how do you convince your self the cancer is not back when you are in remission.  Every little pain…