greybadger's blog

• back home again

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Well I'm back home again after my hectic week away, starting with our WA picnic, then 5 days with my daughter and 2 grandaughters, then the drive back home.  I hadn't realised (and I suppose I should have) that driving distances after nearly 2 years of only doing local driving would be very tiring. I think I'm over that now, and getting back to normal, (though my daughter came down yesterday and we had the afternoon…

• our ruby anniversary.

FormerMember
    FormerMember

After the year I've had I was never sure I would reach our wedding anniversary - but I did, so had to celebrate with the family.  As they all live 100 miles away from us we decided the easiest thing to do was go to them, so Thursday we packed up the motorhome and took off to a rally at Abingdon, a site on the cricket field just by the river  Mick took the van and I drover the car (and suddenly realized after a little…

• getting back to normal.

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Well, it is now 4 weeks since my last chemo, so I am offically in remission.  We have been going away on the 2nd week after chemo, as soon as I was feeling fit enough,and coming back in time for bloods and my next lot ot treatment.  We stayed away longer this time, and I came back feeling better, and didn't have to go to the hospital, so now I've got to find something to fill the time when I'm well.  I actually…

• life begins again!

FormerMember
    FormerMember

At last I am coming out of my last chemo, and wondering what to do next.  I want to get on with the life I've missed - visit family and friends, out for coffee, theatre, holidays and time with my husband in our M Home (Stella).  After 15 months of hospitals and uncertainty it suddenly feels strange to have no appointments and deadlines, and in a way I don't know what to do first!

My husband wants another cruise…

• last chemo (for now!)

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Well today was  the day - last session (until the next recurrence), and as usual arrived at the normal time (9.15am) drugs arrived at 10.45am, and between changing over bags I 'bleeped' for at least 20 minutes each time, so left the hospital at 5.30pm from a 5 hour treatment.  Solitary room and an upright chair did not help matters at all, but the staff shortages are ridiculous now.  Hopefully by the time I have…