OLD NOTES COPIED FROM FACEBOOK

• Feck - ADDITION ( Sunday 2nd October 2011 )

FormerMember
    FormerMember

I am feeling really scared now, and quite ill, probably because I've been told all this. Thoughts are racing, I'l have to give up work at some point, I'm just so sad, I don't want to leave Lara.

Tuesday 4th October 2011 - just got off the 'phone with the nurse from The Christie. She has convinced me that I am not about to drop down dead any minute. She's told me not to do anything rash like leaving work…

• Feck ( Friday, September 30, 2011 at 9:33am )

FormerMember
    FormerMember

29th September 2011 I went to Christie for my scan results of 14th Sept. I have had 3 months off from chemo.Lymph nodes are stable, no sign of primary anal cancer. However now have it in both lungs. (Was originally suspicious in the right lung.) Largest area is only 1 cm and the rest are millimetres. However, what concerns me is they appeared WHILST having chemo. and the same chemo. is all that is on offer. (Apart from…

• Latest news on my cancer ( Thursday, June 16, 2011 at 2:13pm )

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Briefly -

diagnosed and treated for anal cancer summer of 2009

spread to para-aortic lymph nodes 2010, been having treatment since October 2010 until  my last cycle which was 3rd June 2011. I was a bit behind because I kept getting deferred as my neutrophils were too low to be treated.

Anyway I had a scan 9th june and went for the results today (16th June 2011).

I told very few people that the chemo. would…

• Cycle 1, Day 2 ( Saturday, October 23, 2010 at 11:53pm )

FormerMember
    FormerMember

I'm not going to write about every day, but just to let you know that I've not been bad at all. Had to get up early to eat before I could have my chemo. tablets and anti-sickness tabs. Did the Friday washing loads today, went to supermarket and bought lots of snacky stuff because I have to eat little and often rather than big meals. We had Chinese as usual. I'm getting a bit of reflux and some 'burning' you know where…

• Cycle 1, Day 1 New chemotherapy treatment. ( Friday, October 22, 2010 at 1:08pm )

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Here we go again, I'm going to log it all down so I can remember what's happened.

Appointment on Ward 3 at The Christie for 9am because I had my bloods done yesterday. Medicine wasn't here because Cisplatin is made up the same day as it only has a shelf-life of 24 hours. Went up to ward 5 to watch a 'new patient' DVD about having chemo. then came back down into a little room to get my canula done and anti-sickness…