Cycle 1, Day 1 New chemotherapy treatment. ( Friday, October 22, 2010 at 1:08pm )

1 minute read time.

Here we go again, I'm going to log it all down so I can remember what's happened.

Appointment on Ward 3 at The Christie for 9am because I had my bloods done yesterday. Medicine wasn't here because Cisplatin is made up the same day as it only has a shelf-life of 24 hours. Went up to ward 5 to watch a 'new patient' DVD about having chemo. then came back down into a little room to get my canula done and anti-sickness medicine because it still said I had MRSA (from last year) on my notes. When they checked that I'd had three all clears on the computer, I got let out.

I'm sat in Chair 2 and I've had my first flush through with saline, had my Mytomycin C injection (same as last year), and I'm now having the four hour bag of Cisplatin. It started at 11:45am. I'll have to have another saline flush when this finishes, and as long as everything is ok I'll be home this evening with my three week supply of  Capecitabene (Xeloda). I've had shepherd's pie, crumble and custard! That's a bit weird because I don't usually eat warm custard, but I found I ate different stuff last time I was in.

My next cycle is booked for  Thursday 11th November, not sure if Thursday is as good as a Friday because of work, at least I get the weekend to recover from this 1st lot, and it's Half-Term next week so I can go in the morning and work the hours needed to suit me. I'll be going in at 8am to have my bloods done same day. Mum! Lara coming to you even earlier. :-)

Meanwhile I have a magazine, books and FRONTIERville to play with. Not sure if I can update notes? Will check later.

4pm My bag of Cisplatin should have finished but it still had some left in so I'm waiting past the four hours, then it will be the saline to flush it quickly through my kidneys. I've been for a wee 5 times so far, (need another, - got to get some exercise!) I've been fed loads of food!!!!! Good job it's only one day every 3 weeks!!!

Anonymous