Feck ( Friday, September 30, 2011 at 9:33am )

1 minute read time.

29th September 2011 I went to Christie for my scan results of 14th Sept. I have had 3 months off from chemo.Lymph nodes are stable, no sign of primary anal cancer. However now have it in both lungs. (Was originally suspicious in the right lung.) Largest area is only 1 cm and the rest are millimetres. However, what concerns me is they appeared WHILST having chemo. and the same chemo. is all that is on offer. (Apart from maybe trials, I assume if it doesn't work?) The lungs cannot have rt or be operated on.I am going to go away (hopefully) October half term, and then see the Doc on 3rd November. She said as I am not having any symptoms at the moment she wants me to have "quality of life", seeing as the chemo. made me quite poorly. I asked the time scale if I didn't have treatment, months, years? and she said months.

Now to me that is very scary, because if it could grow whilst on the chemo. I can't see it doing much when I'd have to go on the same stuff.

I've got a bit of a chest infection, but Doc says it's not the cancer causing it because it's too small, and I know it's going round at the moment because lots of people are poorly here. However I do feel very paranoid about it. Amazingly enough I realise now I haven't had a cold for 2 years because I have been so careful!!!!

Don't know what else to say except I was very pleased to see all the comments on my wall and to know you are thinking of me.

Anonymous