Community News

These news items are generated and published by Macmillan's Online Community Team. In this section you’ll find some posts written by the Online Community team in partnership with our Cancer Information Development team. We also feature personal stories from our members.

Browse by topics

Community updates     Cancer Awareness     Tips, ideas and recipes       

Cancer stories     Supporting someone with cancer    Art, photography and creative writing

Latest Posts

• Mary’s experience of Living with Cancer and coronavirus

A dandilion clock standing alone with the words Living with cancer and coronavirus written in white across the picture.

During the Coronavirus pandemic many people turned to the Online Community for support. Although the Online Community has always provided a space to access peer support, it really did mean so much to our members as they were still able to access support when most face to face services had closed.

“Being able to access these forums has meant so much especially during the pandemic.”
    -Winkers60,

“Thank…

• What does the Online Community mean to you?

A landscape photograph, with wildflowers, dry stone wall and sky

Last month, Rachel - Macmillan shared a wonderful Community News blog highlighting the kindness shown across the Community.

“No matter what has brought you to the site, no matter how cancer has affected your life, our members will support you through. The kindness of strangers soon becomes the kindness of friends.”Rachel - Macmillan, Community News Blog, June 2021

It was lovely to hear from Community…

• Cancer & me 35 years on - Surgery at St. Mary's

"Cancer & me 35 years on, Vol 13" written in white letters over a photo of a rocky waterfall in the Lake District.

Today we are back with the 13th volume of our longest running Community News Blog series ‘Cancer & me 35 years on’.  Willo was diagnosed with Anal cancer in 1986 while living in Zambia. In this blog series Willo has been sharing her experience of living through and beyond cancer. Alongside sharing everything she has been through, Willo has also been sharing the amazing artwork she created during this time…