Community News

These news items are generated and published by Macmillan's Online Community Team. In this section you’ll find some posts written by the Online Community team in partnership with our Cancer Information Development team. We also feature personal stories from our members.

Browse by topics

Community updates     Cancer Awareness     Tips, ideas and recipes       

Cancer stories     Supporting someone with cancer    Art, photography and creative writing

Latest Posts

• Managing cancer and side effects at work: Elvina’s story

Do you feel you have the right support at work?

Lots of people affected by cancer, like Elvina, don’t always feel they have the support they need from their employer, manager, or from the sickness policies in place at work. Lots of people may feel worried about work when they are affected by cancer.

Here in the Online Community, we’re featuring a new series working with Macmillan’s Digital Storytelling Project…

• Rebellious hope – Reflecting on the legacy of Dame Deborah James

Credit: Dan Williams / The Sun / News Licensing

Here on the Community team, we were all very saddened to hear that Dame Deborah James had passed away from Bowel cancer at the end of June. After spending some time reflecting on what she meant to those affected by Bowel cancer, and thinking about her amazing legacy, we wanted to dedicate today’s Community News Blog to Deborah and all those who knew and loved her.

• Representing the Online Community at Pride

I'm Eliza from the Community team. This year, I was able to represent Macmillan’s Online Community at York Pride 2022. It was an amazing day full of reflection, support and community. I wanted to share this experience with you all here on the Online Community, and let you know what the day was like and why it was important.

If you’re not sure what Pride is, it’s a historic celebration with events and protests…