Community News

These news items are generated and published by Macmillan's Online Community Team. In this section you’ll find some posts written by the Online Community team in partnership with our Cancer Information Development team. We also feature personal stories from our members.

Browse by topics

Community updates     Cancer Awareness     Tips, ideas and recipes       

Cancer stories     Supporting someone with cancer    Art, photography and creative writing

Latest Posts

• Trans Day of Visibility 2021

Trans Day of Visibility, or International Transgender Day of Visibility, is a worldwide day to celebrate trans people and raise awareness.

It’s difficult to know how many trans people in the UK and across the world are affected by cancer. However, we know that trans people may experience inequalities and difficulties in accessing the right healthcare treatment and support. It’s important to seek the right medical help…

• ‘I know that there are people out there who care and can help, I’ve learnt to talk, talk and talk’ – John’s story

'Prostate cancer awareness Month - John's story' written over a photograph of a wintery field at sunset.

As Prostate Cancer Awareness Month draws to a close, we wanted to reflect today on what this awareness month means. Prostate Cancer Awareness Month is a time where we shine a light on the experiences of those who have been diagnosed with prostate cancer and also raise awareness, not only of this disease, but also of all the support that is out there for anyone who has been affected by prostate cancer.

One of the most…

• Brain cancer Awareness month- Simon's Story

A min wearing a life vest smiling at the camera

Simon is 45 years old from South Wales and today he is sharing his cancer experience as part of Brain cancer awareness month. If you or someone you know has been diagnosed, our Brain cancer groups are here to support you.

I have had poor health most of my life due to a neurological condition called Neurofibromatosis. When in my teens I had lots of problems with my bowels and lived with a stoma bag for a year and had…