Community News

These news items are generated and published by Macmillan's Online Community Team. In this section you’ll find some posts written by the Online Community team in partnership with our Cancer Information Development team. We also feature personal stories from our members.

Browse by topics

Community updates     Cancer Awareness     Tips, ideas and recipes       

Cancer stories     Supporting someone with cancer    Art, photography and creative writing

Latest Posts

• Cancer & me 35 years on - Hong Kong and Back to reality

'Cancer & me 35 years on, vol 12' written next to a photograph taken by Willo of the ruin of St Paul's in Macau China.

Photo of the ruins of St. Paul's in Macau, China taken by Willo. 

We are back today with the next instalment of Willo’s blog series ‘Cancer & me 35 years on’. Willo is a member of our Community who was diagnosed with Anal cancer in 1986 while living in Zambia and has been sharing her experience of living through and beyond cancer, as well as her amazing artwork and photographs, in her blog series…

• Being bodies - breast cancer and wearing a breast prosthesis

Breast cancer and wearing a prosthetic written over a picture of a lake at sunset, with mountains in the background.

Sapphie, also known on the Online Community as , was diagnosed with breast cancer at just 32. Sapphie talks us through their experience trying several different types of prosthetics following their breast cancer surgery in the 1990s, and how humour has helped them and their family over the years.

I was diagnosed when I was 32 years old, after finding a lump and being told by a consultant I was too young to have breast cancer…

• Skin cancer and Melanoma signs and symptoms check

The words 'skin cancer and melanoma symptom check written in white on an image of a grey cloud over a hill with green trees and a faint rainbow in the sky.

You may have seen Steph’s recent blog about Sun awareness month and the practical tips to help keep yourself safe in the sun and ways to adapt to sun exposure. After reading this, you may have thought that you’re doing everything you can to protect yourself, but you’re concerned and worried about a new dark spot or mole lesions on your skin. As it’s Melanoma month, we want to share information about what…