Community News

These news items are generated and published by Macmillan's Online Community Team. In this section you’ll find some posts written by the Online Community team in partnership with our Cancer Information Development team. We also feature personal stories from our members.

Browse by topics

Community updates     Cancer Awareness     Tips, ideas and recipes       

Cancer stories     Supporting someone with cancer    Art, photography and creative writing

Latest Posts

• "...it remains a rare and preventable cancer." - Mesothelioma: What is it?

FormerMember
    FormerMember

"Mesothelioma Awareness Day" written in white over an image of a leafy branch

Last Friday, September 26th marked Mesothelioma Awareness Day, and to recognise this Mesothelioma.com got in touch a while back, asking if I'd like to help them raise a further awareness of Mesothelioma, the dangers of asbestos and other asbestos-related diseases. 

Below is a summary as to what the day's all about:

Mesothelioma Awareness Day (MAD) strives to inform others about this rare cancer caused by asbestos…

• "That there is love in the world when sometimes nothing makes sense..." - A teddy bear's picnic

FormerMember
    FormerMember

"A teddy bear's picnic" written over a picture of lots of teddies and soft toys on a sofa

Just last week, Anna got in touch with me to share the below heartfelt and uplifting story which can only be described as “the ultimate teddy bear’s picnic”. Anna’s mum sadly passed away with cancer quite recently, and given the family’s rather creative history, the picnic served as the perfect tribute to Anna’s mum...

A teddy bear’s picnic

Recently my mum passed away from cancer…

• "...it was teatime and I hadn't thought about my 'alien'..." - Wellbeing Wednesdays: September

FormerMember
    FormerMember

"Wellbeing Wednesdays: September" written over a picture of a country lane in autumn

It’s September, so time to share our favourite ‘Wellbeing Wednesday’ tips for the past month. What a month it’s been for, so I’ve gone ahead and thrown in few extra ones – this month there’s a focus on ‘distractions’.

“I watch my dogs happy and content in the moment. Be like them, forget the past, you can't change it. Live for the moment, enjoy all you see and hear…