Carrot Tops Blog:

• 3rd Operation = Ovaries/Hysterectomy

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Well here I am now getting ready to go into hospital again!!! Genetics have meant that I need to have my ovaries removed and now after the Breast Cancer diagnosed in April 2010 and after the Chemo, surgeries, Radiotherapy, more surgeries on the other side, it is time for this next step. Going in next week and very unsure as to what they are going to do as they will not know until they go in, but prepared for the full…

• When the going gets tough, what do you do?

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Had a really bad week and emotions all over the place. Is it due to 2nd operation in less than a year the healing, the lack of energy and trying yet again to gain weight while giving myself time to heal ; due to being rejected by life insurance renewal; due to worry of family in U.S.A.; due to getting letter telling me of next op set up for November and my fears of what happened during my 2nd op re blood loss, blood pressure…

• Huh!!! Insurance Companies..... Take Note even if you get the Cancer Free!!!

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Thought I would add this as I know I am not alone regarding finding Insurance. (Our Term Life Insurance in August 2010, so we contacted our company that we have been with for over 20years; had Life and Mortgage Cover with. Renewal is not like renewing your house/Car Insurance and Life Insurance does not always mean that!  We found out that our Broker had taken out a Term Only away back!!!!) So now we had to start…

• Frozen shoulder etc Things you may not get told......

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Well here I go again.............. After getting the Cortisone Injection a few weeks back due to my left arm and shoulder being compromised after breast surgery and radiotherapy.............It felt great and I was able to have right breast surgery and reconstruction done.  Now it's tingling, aching and has reversed back to limited movement once more.

So hate the thought of having to get another Cortisone Injection…

• 2nd Mastectomy and reconstruction from buttock area. Only been the 3/4th person to have had this done.

FormerMember
    FormerMember
    Tuesday 9th August 2010: 2nd Mastectomy and Reconstruction. I am only the 3/4th Person to have had this done where I stay.

Well been a week since I got this done on my right side and 10 months since the left side was done.  Phew!!!!!!!! So sair and tight this time round, still getting used to the bone removal/ rib bit removed that the surgeon needed to do to get to work behind the breast for the reconstruction…