Cancer just messed with the wrong boobs!

• Cycle #3 16.11.2021

So I had my third and FINAL EC on Tuesday. Anyone that knows will understand that the red wee is now a thing of the past. Blood pressure was ok today, bloods were ok too so chemo could go ahead. Yay! So happy to be pumped full of poison . As usual t...
  • Pills, potions and prescription perks

When I was diagnosed with breast cancer in June, one the first things the breast care nurse gave me was a medical exemption certificate.This allows all cancer patients free prescriptions for 5 years. There aren't many perks to having cancer but t...
  • PICC line trouble!

Nothing is ever simple is it? I decided to have a PICC line fitted to save my veins and to stop being constantly stabbed with a needle, so I had my PICC line fitted 2 weeks ago via ultrasound. Friends who have them, have said how easy they are to get...
  • Fundraising - I walked 100 miles in October

During September Breast Cancer Now launched a fundraising campaign to walk 100 miles during October. I was starting my first chemo on 1st October and would be completing my second towards the end - I knew it could be a challenge but I just needed a f...
  • PICC line, cycle #2 and a new sofa

So I had a PICC line fitted the day before my second EC chemo. It was a weird experience, the nurse was truly amazing. She explained everything so well and was really kind. It was inserted using ultrasound and she did skim a nerve which wasn't pl...