blissfit

• Pain in the neck

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Spent yesterday winding myself up re what I've considered to be tension in my neck possibly being something more sinister. Googling various things obviously doesn't help with the paranoia either!

Anyway, got herceptin tomorrow so will mention the concerns to the oncologist, in the meantime I've given myself a good talking to.

Re marathon training, a good 5 miles last night.

• The marathon training goes on, and on

FormerMember
    FormerMember

14 miles yesterday, first 7 in 1hr 14, last 7 in just under 1hr 16. Felt pretty good till 8 ish miles, but tough from then on, particularly from 10 on. Finding that my lower back is hurting a bit from around then (bit of core work needed then! Hip stability I think). Along with leaden legs. Much, much slower than this time last year and my running style is also different (heel striking rather than fore foot).

My hydration…

• My journey to the london marathon

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Firstly, thanks so much to everyone for your sponsorship and kind messages - it really does mean a lot.

Secondly, what a beautiful sunny day - crocus and snow drops everywhere and lots of daffs open at Hampton Court already.

Thirdly, I thankfully managed to get some mud on my hideously bright neon pink trainers, but blow me if dew didn't clean it off! Nature giveth but taketh away!

Ok lastly I suppose I should comment on…

• Running for Macmillan

FormerMember
    FormerMember

London Marathon 17th April - 9 weeks to go!

Ran 4 miles today, pushed myself as hard as poss (technically speaking a tempo run I suppose!). Per mile this ended up being 1min20secs faster than my long run on Sat, but I couldn't have done it for any longer.

7miles planned for Wed and 14 for Fri - but both at a get around pace.

I'm running for Macmillan, so now need to get on with the fundraising!

• Marathon training

FormerMember
    FormerMember

12 miles today. All ok bar terrible blisters, so limping around a bit now. A gamble with different trainers and socks that hasn't paid off!

Got a bit more surgery in a few weeks so trying to get a decent distance under my belt before then, in case I need more than a couple of weeks off the training. In theory my longest run before then will be 16 miles.

Hair update: It's slooowly growing, and is getting on the fluffy…