A New Year Still Wondering What Happened

• EFT

FormerMember
    FormerMember

I haven't blogged for a while.  I think I have been through a kind of hiatus during which i have just needed to float.

On Thursday I went to a group workshop on the Emotional Freedom Technique (EFT)  at the Mulberry Centre for Cancer support.  At first i thought it might be  bit bunkum as there is no actual evidence that it actually works to help heal people.  I learned that it consists of tapping a series of points on…

• Jazz

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Just been listening to the new album " The Gate" by the jazz singer Kurt Elling.  There is nothing like jazz for making you feel it.  His voice is like a fusion of Harry Connick Jr, Frank Sinatra and Jamie Cullum.  There's a line he sings: " After the Love has gone/How could you lead me on? and not let me stay around?"  That's how I feel about Mum and Dog!  How could they not let me go where they…

• Meditation

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Had an interesting day today.  Went to the local cancer support centre for a meditation/relaxation session and for a T'ai Chi class as well.  When chatting to some of the others before and after, realised how much other people are going through, chemotherapy, different hospital treatments etc.

The meditation was amazing, the facilitator is really good, lots of visualisations which we are supposed to practise at home…

• Disappointment

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Having to deal with rejectiion and setbacks at the moment, talked to the counsellor today at Maggie's Cancer Care.  She is really understanding but pointed out to me that rejection and knockbacks are part of life.  It's just, I've had about three in the one week!

Also, not sure if I am going back to my comedy class. I got disappointment there too. We act and perform our own comedy scripts, and my work didn…

• Thoughts on Spring

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Can't believe it is six months since Ma passed.  Six weeks since Flash died.  I am reading a novelist I have not come across before: Maeve Binchy.  Normally I don' t read rom-dram novels at all - she wrote "Circle of Friends" that got made into a film with Minnie Driver in it.  But once I got started reading "Tara Road", I couldn't stop.  I was up until 3am this morning trying to finish it and…