A New Year Still Wondering What Happened

• Ancient Civilisations and the Afterlife

FormerMember
    FormerMember

I got a chance to go to the last day of the Egyptian Book of the Dead exhibition on Sunday, yesterday, but at the last minute, although I admit I still had my head cold from having flu last week, I chickened out.  Although I could have gone, I was scared to.  That whole way that they looked at the afterlife as a natural journey that every individual goes on (and therefore that's why they had to take all their worldly goods…

• Looking for Mother

FormerMember
    FormerMember

I was just wondering what "mothering" means.  Also what it means to have a mother.  And what it means when you don't have a mother any more.

On Friday I went for a short counselling-type chat at my local cancer support centre.   My counselling sessions finished a while back,  but I drop in for a chat every now and again.

I mentioned that one or two of the people who are closely related to me are so not my…

• Odd Relationships

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Been trying to deal with family and relatives abroad.  They are trying to understand and help but they are so far away they can't really do anything.  I am so shellshocked now and trying hard to keep going that I am beginning not to have an awful lot of patience on the phone.  Got told off this evening for not phoning back and keeping in touch but sometimes I can hardly bear to phone anyone.  How odd that these phone…

• The Piano

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Feeling massively sad about the piano being taken away only a day or so after Flash died.  But the hire company simply don't care.  They just want it back. Boy I worked hard on that piano, wrote songs on it and played and sang to Mother and Flash too.  I explained all that and said I wanted to keep it and would pay for the hire of course.  But they wouldn't allow that.  It seems everything I want and need they don…

• In Hindsight

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Sometimes I wonder if I haven't invented a personality for Flash that he never really had.

As the funeral day approached, I found myself thinking more and more about all things miitary and that Flash had been like a soldier.  We used to play this game where I would bawl "A -nimal! Sit!" like a sergeant-major and the dog would sit and stay, perfectly still, until I told him to move.  All up and down the park…