A Brand New Me

• An apology to any Donny Girls out there.

FormerMember
    FormerMember

I was feeling quite pleased with my last post.  Got some nice positive feedback, brightened up a few people’s day for them, and got some good suggestions for future blog entries.  Everything was going perfectly until I opened an email.  From a Donny Girl.  Containing a recommendation for some music for me to listen to.  The Osmonds.

I suppose I bought this on myself.  I always said I would try out any music that was…

• Who can remember their first kiss?

FormerMember
    FormerMember

I wish I’d never done that last post!  Didn’t realise what I was going to start.  My in box has been pretty busy since.  I had no idea so many people wanted to be in my music blog!  Unfortunately you don’t just get to be in the blog because I like you and you asked nicely.  You do need to make some sort of contribution.  Like recommending some songs that I might enjoy.  Or reminding me of a happy memory relating…

• Making Friends Through Music

FormerMember
    FormerMember

One of the best things about my love of music is all the friends I have made through this shared interest.  I made a new friend earlier this year and I was telling them about my music blog.  My friend asked to be added to my mailing list and often sends comments about the entries.  Recently they asked very nicely if they could be in the blog.  I pointed out that they already had been, several posts back, when I mentioned…

• My latest downloads

FormerMember
    FormerMember

I’ve been busy downloading music today.   I usually wait until the site I use has an offer on and today was the day.

The first two albums in the basket were 60s albums that I was very keen to have.  “The Deram Anthology” by Timebox and “1st Floor” by The Floor.   I hadn’t heard either of these albums in years.   I expect a few people may have heard of Timebox.  Their hit “Beggin’” still gets…

• My recent purchases

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Recently my purchases of music have all been new albums to me, recommendations from various people who have been helping me with my ongoing project to find something different to listen to.  However this week I acquired two albums which I know very well.  I used to own them both but they unfortunately disappeared from my collection over the passage of time.

I can’t remember where they went, probably lent to someone and…