A booby is a seabird with blue feet

• Series of serious saromas

Having a series of saromas (on one side of my chest, after a single mastectomy) has made me consider the size of what I have lost. The breast must have been around 500 ml, if the amount of liquid which has been filling the space is anything to go by....
  • Saroma, saroma, saroma ...

As feared, I have a new ‘saroma boobie’. The fourth one, in less than a month.   Looking at this really generously, it might be considered a special skill? I’m able to create a pretty convincing boobie-like structure, approxima...
  • Ooh, another saroma? Thank you so much, but ...

My saroma (in the place of my left breast) has now grown to the size of its real twin. Yet I’ve said what I assumed was a final goodbye to my genuine left breast once before surgery, then to two imposters since! Another farewell – the fou...
  • Playing it by ear

My original tumour measured over 9 cm x 4 cm x 4 cm. This made it the size of a quite a large mouse. It even had a sort of tail, in my lymph nodes. Mid-treatment my tumour measured about 2.4 cm x 2.3 cm x 2.4 cm. So it was then about the size of may...
  • Tis but a scratch …. Just a flesh wound

The Dark Knight in Monty Python loses his left arm; I have lost my left breast.  Presumably, his left lymph nodes are removed at the same time, as they were for me.  So we share a similar experience then. Well, that’s unfortunate...