Hi I'm new

• 1 reply
  • 84 subscribers

Hi I got diagnosed with stage 4b incurable womb cancer  I had my first chemo yesterday don't really know how I'm supposed to be feeling with all this I don't think it's truly hit me yet all this only started in April this year  xxxx

• Hello Barkingmad

Welcome to the Online Community and I hope that you will find it as informative and supportive as I have done.

I am sorry to hear that you have had a diagnosis of womb cancer. If you click on my name you will see my profile come up, but my diagnosis was March 2022. I also had chemotherapy.

How do you feel after your chemo yesterday? Mine was carboplatin and paclitaxel which a lot of ladies on here have had. I hope that you are not getting too many side effects. I did have some but they were on the whole well managed. I expect you have been given a card with a number on to contact the hospital and I would advise you to do that whenever you need to. My nurses were brilliant and I called several times for advice. 

There is no right or wrong way to feel about such a diagnosis, I found everything happened so quickly and it doesn't always give you time to catch your breath. I found it best to just go with the flow and accept there would be days where I was all over the place and other days when things seemed better. Shock, feeling low, feeling up and down, anger etc for me were all part of it.

There is a forum on here that you may want to consider looking at when you are ready. It is for patients that have been diagnosed with an Incurable cancer and it is a safe place to share and get any support you need. I shall pop a link below in case you think it would help.

(+) Living with incurable cancer forum - patients only - Macmillan Online Community

It is fine though to continue to get support from the Womb cancer forum and there are many lovely ladies on here with all stages and grades of womb cancer who are at various stages of different treatments/different stages in their journeys. I found it really helpful particularly last year when I was going through treatment.

If at any point you feel that chatting to someone would help then I can recommend the Support Line. They are lovely on there and it is from 8am to 8pm each day.

For medical questions we have an Ask the Nurse section where you can post questions to the nurses who will respond within 3 working days. 

(+) Ask a Nurse - Macmillan Online Community

I hope this helps a bit and I wish you well with your chemotherapy. If there is anything else you need or want to ask please do so.

Jane

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm