Endometrial cancer

• 3 replies
  • 87 subscribers

Hi ,All

I am new to the group.I am now recovering following brachytherapy.I would like to know if anyone has gome through that and if it has caused pain in the shoulders and fore arms.

• Hi Teemumya, welcome to the group. Brachytherapy is very localised and targeted at your cervix, so any discomfort that might occur after would be in that area, eg a little vaginal tenderness or a little urgency or warmth when peeing. I’d say that this pain you mentioned is totally unconnected to your brachy and would strongly recommend that you contact your GP this morning or phone 111 to get their advice. 

I had 2 brachy sessions last year (May) and they were a breeze.

• Good Morning Teemunya

Welcome to the Online Community. I am sorry to hear that you have had a diagnosis of Endometrial cancer. I hope that your recovery is going well. 

Regarding the pain in your shoulders and forearms, this does not sound like a side effect that you would expect from brachytherapy as it is a localised treatment. I would advise that you give your doctor a call this am and ask to be checked over especially as you would have recently had surgery/anaesthetic.  I wonder if this may be more connected to the surgery than the brachytherapy but I still think you do need to get checked to be on the safe side. 

Please let us know how you get on and if there is anything else that you need, please just ask.

Jane

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

• Hi as others have noted as brachytherapy is a localised treatment it’s unlikely to be causing pain in other areas of your body. I had 2 sessions in early July following 25 sessions of radiotherapy. My vagina was slightly tender and experienced a bit of warmth when peeing but it cleared up quickly. As others suggested best to contact someone asap to discuss.