After care.

• 1 reply
  • 84 subscribers

Hi I'm June.  I was diagnosed with stage 1b grade 1 womb cancer on new years eve just gone. I had a full hysterectomy on the 15th of January and had six weeks of external pelvic radiotherapy because I ended up with LVSI's. I finished this on the 15th of May. I went to see the radiotherapy consultant about a fortnight ago. While I was there I said I was experiencing pelvic pain which has since got worse and now includes my vagina. I rang the oncology nurse where I had my hysterectomy and she had a chat with my gynae consultant who did my op. He has asked for an urgent CT scan. I'm scared and was wondering if anyone else has experienced anything like this. I don't often post on here but I do find it a big support. 

• Hi  

Hello June, I'm sorry to read of your cancer diagnosis and treatment. I had endometrial cancer and treatment last year and am currently stable. My cancer is incurable but treatable. My profile is there if you would like to read it. It's a good idea to write a profile yourself as it helps others in their replies to you and saves you repeating yourself. Just click on your username, then profile and save.

I know you are worried and I recently had an earlier CT myself as I was having pain. My CT results were fine and the consultant said that it could be scarring on the bowel from radio or adhesions from the surgery. It's a viscous circle, I found, the more worried I became, the more pain I got. The pain was low level aching.

If you've read my profile you will note that I had pain while waiting for treatment. This was more severe and gradually got worse. It was very difficult to walk, even making the bed exhausted me. I was taking oromorph and then tablet form, zomorph. I recently found out that my pelvis had fractured because of the cancer and I can pinpoint when this was, the pain was horrific. I am not telling you these things to worry you, I am trying to differentiate from the types of pain I had so that you can calculate the severity of the pain you are experiencing. 

I sincerely hope that your pain is lower level and I hope your scan date comes through soon. If you feel you need to speak to someone the Macmillan helpline is open, this is the link to contact https://www.macmillan.org.uk/about-us/contact-us  They are really helpful and you can speak to a nurse if you need to. Best wishes for your results.

A x