Hi, I’m Choclab and new here.

• 15 replies
  • 71 subscribers

I had a positive diagnosis confirmed yesterday and I have my mums funeral tomorrow. My emotions are all over the place but finding I need to emotionally support family around me. I feel like I need to be away from everyone: about to explode one minute and burst into tears the next. I have a pre-op on Monday and hoping to find out then when my hysterectomy will be. I’m finding it hard to process anything at the moment, but hoping this will be better by Monday. It’s helped just writing this down!

• Hi Choclab

I’m so sorry to read about your mum-you’re certainly going through a lot, but I’m sure you’ll get a lot of lovely support from this group which I hope you’ll find helpful.

When you go for the pre op tomorrow, the team of nurses will be dealing with all sorts of patients who are facing different surgeries. I’ve had a few of these in my time, and their purpose is to do lots of checks and gather together all the information needed to assess your suitability for surgery. They won’t, unfortunately, have your X-ray and scan results from today, and will not be in a position to answer questions specific to your particular situation. So don’t be surprised if they cannot answer your questions, as it’s not part of their role. I’ve normally been at these for a couple of hours at a time, and had lots of straightforward tests and answered lots of questions. Hope you’ll find it quite straightforward tomorrow.

Sarah xx

Community Champion Badge

Cervical Cancer Forum

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

• Hi ChocLab hope your pie assessment went well,  do you have a date for your surgery yet?

• Hi. It went well thank you. Just as predicted on here, so glad I was prepared! I have an anaesthetic assessment on 23rd so hopefully will know more then. Feeling really tired and think I’m having a flare of rheumatoid arthritis, which isn’t surprising. I’m still having significant blood loss. Going to a seated exercise class today (I use a wheelchair) and not looking forward to it! But I’m generally feeling ok. As most people have said, it’s the waiting that gets you! Still waiting for results of MRI scan I had on Sunday when I’m hoping to know the staging.
    How are you doing? 

• Oh I'm glad to hear things are moving forward for you.  How right you are it's definitely the waiting that is difficult to deal with.  I have my MRI on Monday 20th and it will be discussed at the MDT on Wednesday 22nd my CNS said either she or the consultant will call me after the meeting on 22nd with the plan going forward,  if my MRI shows either stage 1 or 2 my benign gynaecologist will operate and it will be vaginally, if it's stage 3 I will be seen by an oncologist first,  so fingers crossed for stage 1. We can do this. 

• Sounds like you’ve got a dood plan for the way forward- hope it goes well for you too! Yes, we can do this! Especially together!