Womb lining

• 7 replies
  • 72 subscribers

Hi all I'm very anxious at the moment,  I had and issue with bad clotts and continually bleeding and some tablets given by the gp but they dis not stop or slow the bleeding so by the 4th week of bleeding my gp got me referred to get a scan , I'm 45 and have never bled like this so I was a little nervous but not overly at the time.

My dad has stage 4 met lung caner and I care for him as my mum passed away from neuroendocrine cancer in 21 so was alarmed after my scan the gp rang and said all looks good ..... but cyst on right Ovary and my womb lining was a bit thick 29mm . Honestly I didn't think that was a thing to worry about but he put me on the 2 week path and I know what that means my parents having 4 different cancers between them , he left it at that.

I got my appointment through quick the 17th so this Wednesday gone,but before that on the 13 I had a massive bleed that sent me to the a and e via ambulance the bleed got under control and the doctors and nurses were amazing bloods were done all look good I was given better meds , the Dr told me my appointment would help inform me of what would be happening and I would have a general for biopsy  and I was so relieved as when I was 26 I was sexualy assaulted and really struggle and after my tv scan I had had enough. 

Come my consultation I had a male gyn as there was a change , he showed me a picture of a womb and a ovary ( thanks) full stop went over what I knew and said I will get a blood test even though he had my other bloods from a and e , he said 25mm is normal? Is it? I don't know . Then he said right I going to so a biopsy now! There was a female nurse snd my husband was there but I was shocked .

He started and I was holding myself together , it hurt he was a bit forceful with the speculum and said my cervix was to high and got a longer one the whole process was horrible for me and put me right back in time to the hospital after my attack when he finished the nirse said you have to wash your hands even though you have used gloves which i found odd. 

After hd said any questions? My husband said how long with the pills as I was told I I stop I could bleed seriously again . he said "good question we will wait for results 4- 6 weeks and see" 

I have looked at the bloods request and looked up CA125 . I will have to wait till 16th of May for results ... I'm so stressed is 29mm a worry I would rather know, is the request for ca125 normal practice. 

Sorry a long one I just need the chat so I don't stress my already stressed family  x

• Hello Mrs1979

Welcome to the Womb group. I am so sorry to hear that you have had such a horrible experience.

It is very understandable that you are feeling anxious and worried about what may lay ahead. I think also once you have had experience of cancer within your family it naturally brings those feelings up as well.

With your previous assault to have the examinations done must have been difficult especially with the doctor who carried it out. To have things happen that you are not expecting can add to the feeling of not being in control. It may be worth considering talking over what happened with the nurse who was there and maybe this could be arranged when you go for your results. And if you are able to, speak about the past and how it would help is they could bear this in mind if you need any further examinations. 

Your womb lining is a bit thick but this can have several different causes and the bleeding is where there is an imbalance in the hormones. This can happen when women get nearer to menopause. Tablets can be a first line treatment. I myself was prescribed them and this had the affect of pretty much stopping my periods. With you the bleeding has continued so the further tests would be the next stage. 

This link has some information about hyperplasia (thickened womb lining) that may be of interest.

Endometrial Hyperplasia: Causes, Symptoms and Treatment (patient.info)

Blood tests and CA125 tests would be a routine thing to happen.

I would expect them in particular to be checking for your haemoglobin levels in case the prolonged bleeding has lead to any anaemia.

CA125 is a marker that can be useful when someone is having gynaecological symptoms and a very high level would warrant further investigation. It may also be done as a baseline to see if there is any change. It does not diagnose cancer and it can rise and fall for other reasons- such as infections. I was told it is more routinely used in ovarian cancer but it is useful- but not the whole picture with endometrial cancer. 

Hope this helps a bit, if chatting things through would help, then please do give the Support Line a call. 

Jane

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

• I can't thank you enough for your reply. I will see how I feel about talking to the nurse its a shame they have the secure documents on file but over time I believe they may be buried,  my attack happen on a family holiday abroad.  My gp helped me through after being in court abroad and coming home not even sure there's a hand over of information to hospitals here and I have never asked . Thank you also for the information about possibilities and the ca125, I think like you say when have been around cancer and all its impacts you do tend to go there first .

• Hello  

I am sorry to hear about your mum and your dad and also your traumatic experiences. 

I think   post explains things so well I don't have much to add - except to say you will find a lot of support on this forum. You need and deserve a safe space to share your worries and all of us have been on similar journeys whilst waiting for results (which is hard).

As Jane said, the support line is there for you too. I know some ladies have found that helpful. You are caring for a loved one and that is not easy. Remember you need support too, so don't hesitate to reach out to us or call the helpline. 

Best wishes

Kxx

• Thank you and I will update with information that I get back as I hope this may help someone else, the information we have received before I came to this site was very vague to say the least. It's good to feel heard . I am going through a lot of emotional whiplash atm so I will see how I feel about talking about everything else I'm just not sure I could speak out loud about it all to be truthful this is the most I have every managed .

• Hi no results yet but I'm not expecting them , but now I have been given an appointment for a hysteroscopy but a way off June 7th .

I'm taking this as a good sign but with no explanation of why I'm just guessing . The waiting and now having to go though all that again is going to drive me insane Expressionless

• I am never able to speak about things, but I have found the online chat function on the support site invaluable, typing the conversation is so much easier x

• Definitely xxx