Good news

• 23 replies
  • 72 subscribers

Hi all I just want to share my good news.  I saw my consultant yesterday and she said the cancer hasn’t spread outside the womb and the lymph nodes were clear. I have got an appointment with oncologist next week to discuss what treatment I am going to have.  My surgeon did mention radiotherapy before my op but I’ll know for sure next week. 

I am so relieved with the results and will face the rest of my journey with optimism   Thanks to the advice from the lovely ladies on here my journey so far has been relatively problem free.  I was clued up and ready for every eventuality    Just want to get on with it now. Blush 

Good luck to everybody starting out or going through the next stage like me. We all come out of it stronger.   Maureen x

• Hi Maureen, if you’re offered radiotherapy, it may be just external, or just brachytherapy, or a combination of the two. Possible side effects would be explained to you. Things you could ask are:

- would I have to have an enema as routine before every treatment? (with some hospitals it’s yes, with some it’s no - mine doesn’t providing you’ve had a bowel movement within the last 24 hours)

- statistically by what percentage would having this treatment reduce my risk of recurrence? 

- may I please express a preference about approx timings of treatments? (if you have one, now is the time to say - I asked my oncologist if I could request afternoon appointments because for me this was better, due to the distance and also so I’d be sure of having a poo in the morning before treatment! Someone else I know asked for first thing in the morning so she could go to work later that day.

- roughly how long do you think it will be before my treatment starts?

- is there a discount or pass for car parking during treatment?

• Hi again.  Thanks for your input, very helpful. I will try and make notes before I go so I dont forget anything.  

We are lucky that we don’t pay for parking in the hospital car parks.   A big help for people having to use them daily

I will report back after I’ve had my meeting with oncology.

• Hi so glad to read your great news. Come back and let u know what your treatment plan, if any, will be.

I'm so pleased to read the support from the other ladies on this great forum has helped you along the way. It's so true when we get tips and facts first hand from the ladies here it prepares you for every eventuality!

Sending hugs, Barb xx

Community Champion Badge

Womb cancer forum

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

"Never lose hope. Storms make people stronger and never last forever” - Roy T Bennett

• Hi Maureen, just wanted to check in with you and wondered how you are  if you have any news re your treatment plan 

• Hi again. Thanks for checking in on me.  I have got an appointment with oncologist this afternoon so I will post my results and what decision has been made for my ongoing treatment later.

Take care.  Maureen x

• Hi Robin.  Sorry I don’t think I replied to your message.  I hope you are doing ok after your chemo sessions. Have you started the brachytherapy yet?

Im waiting for the start date, the oncologist said it will probably be in about 4 weeks.

Maureen x

• Hi Poppy

I'm doing well so far thank you, if I have done it right I have entered something about it on the chemo thread.

I have 3 sessions of Brachy after my Chemo has finished. There is a 4 week brake then it starts. Keep us posted when you get your start date.

Love Robin xxx

• Robin, I hate to tell you but there’s been nothing from you today in the Chemo support thread!

• I have been having a few issues to be honest, dont know if it my chemo brain lol. Goodness knows what i have done then.

• Here it is - you did it as a new thread, not as a post in the pinned chemo thread community.macmillan.org.uk/.../2nd-chemo-yesterday