Good news

• 23 replies
  • 71 subscribers

Hi all I just want to share my good news.  I saw my consultant yesterday and she said the cancer hasn’t spread outside the womb and the lymph nodes were clear. I have got an appointment with oncologist next week to discuss what treatment I am going to have.  My surgeon did mention radiotherapy before my op but I’ll know for sure next week. 

I am so relieved with the results and will face the rest of my journey with optimism   Thanks to the advice from the lovely ladies on here my journey so far has been relatively problem free.  I was clued up and ready for every eventuality    Just want to get on with it now. Blush 

Good luck to everybody starting out or going through the next stage like me. We all come out of it stronger.   Maureen x

• Hi Maureen

Such good news for you-waiting for results is one of the hardest things. I am not sure if you have said what grade your cancer was but like you my cancer hadn’t spread outside my womb.  I have recently completed 6 cycles of chemo and I am doing well-good luck with whatever comes next for you. XX

• Hi walkinglady.   It’s good to hear you have finished your chemo and you are doing well. That’s what is so good about this group there is always someone who has gone through what you are just starting    I feel like I can face anything that’s thrown at me when so many of you have trodden this path  I’ll let you know how I am getting on    

I was confirmed grade 3 yesterday.  

• Great news Maureen - very pleased for you. Do let us know what your treatment plan is - just a heads up that you may be presented with a choice. Things are much more patient-led nowadays and your treatment may be offered to you as suggested but optional. Mine was. You might want to jot down questions before you go.

• Hi. Thank you for the advice. Any suggestions for questions would be appreciated.  Xx

• That’s brilliant news Maureen,so delighted for you. I get the results from my hysterectomy tomorrow and just can’t settle today. 

Jean xxx

• Hi Jean.  I know it’s such a big deal and the waiting really is the worst.  We seem to be always waiting on this journey.   I’ll keep my fingers crossed for you that you will also have good news.  Let us know asap.  

sending a big hug to you.  Maureen x

• I will do Maureen,thank you. Jean xxx

• Great news Maureen so please it was contained. I know I felt better once I knew what my treatment plan was, I just wanted to get on with it so I could get back to living my best life.

Chuffed for you Maureen about your news

Robin x

• So good to hear this Poppy, I know the feeling when I heard my histology  and thought myself very fortunate to have this result as it could've been so much  worse! Onwards and Upwards and ready to take on the world right Thumbsup xx

Madesp 
  • Thanks a lot Mad.   As you say onwards and upwards.  My head is in the right place, can’t wait to get on with it. 

Watch this space. BlushBlush  X